About this report
The impediments and risks report is a simple graph showing the daily count of impediments and risks that are impacting a sprint. The report is beneficial to Scrum Masters, team leaders and members, and product owners for tracking issues that impede or can impede delivery, as well as influencing factors that can adversely affect the outcome of your delivery. It may be beneficial to review the report daily during a sprint cycle, and also review with stakeholders during the Sprint Retrospective meeting.
To navigate to this report:
If you’re using the new navigation:
- Select Teams in the top navigation bar and select the team you want to view information about.
- On the sidebar, select Reports in the list of options.
- Select Impediments and risks; the report displays.
If you’re using the old navigation:
- Select the Reports icon from the left Navigation menu.
- Start typing the report's name in the Search box.
- Once found, select the report.
Note: You can also use the categories on the left to search for the needed reports.
- PI must exist in the system and be tied to a program.
- Sprints must be created and tied to the PI.
- Risks must be created and assigned to a PI.
- Impediments must be created and tied to a team or story.
- Teams and Stories must be created and tied to a sprint.
How are report values calculated?
- The impediment count pulls all open impediments, entered on the impediments page/New Impediment panel, tied to team or story included in the selected sprint.
- The risk count pulls all open risks, entered on the risks page/New Risk panel, tied to a PI encompassing the selected sprint.
How to interpret this report
The impediment/risk count is on the Y axis of the grid, and the sprint dates are along the X axis. Impediments are graphically displayed by the blue graph line, and risks are represented by the black line.
Impediments and risks impact your delivery, so they should be mitigated as soon as possible. A higher risk and/or impediment count, especially late in a sprint cycle, jeopardizes the success of your project.