Open an epic's slide-out details panel where you can view the following additional options:
- Discussions: A chat around an epic. You can use the discussions to resolve any questions around an epic’s development or leave comments on an epic. Use the @ symbol to tag users or the whole team and notify them about the discussion.
- Subscribe: Subscribe to an epic to receive email notifications about any changes made to it.
- Update Child Process Steps: Move all child work items to the selected process step. If the children belong to different programs that have separate process flows, it will break down into different process flows as well.
- Responsibility Matrix: With a responsibility assignment matrix, you can notify people within your organization when work items reach certain process steps so the necessary team members can take action on those items.
- Trace This Epic: The Trace report shows all relationships associated with a particular item. Follow the arrows to understand the relationships. You can also click any item's ID to view its details.
- Status Report: The report isolates specific epics that are tied to your portfolios and is aimed at the PMO and executives of your company. The primary focus should include an evaluation of schedule, budget, risk, scope, quality, and progress. Additionally, the epic report includes the acceptance and success criteria, objectives, risks, and dependencies the epic has, as well as the capabilities and features associated with this epic.
- Requirement Hierarchy: In the requirement hierarchy tree, you can view an epic's position in a hierarchy between themes, capabilities, features, and stories.
- Audit Log: A history of the updates made to an epic by date.
- Links: Any external links you want to associate with an epic. You can add design, approval, compliance, or other types of links.
- Drop: If you perform a drop, an epic will be added to the backlog together with its child items.
- Split: If an epic cannot be completed in a PI as planned, then you can split this epic.
- Delete: Deleting an epic will place it in the recycle bin, where later you can recover it from.
- Cancel Item: You can enter into a PI with the intention of completing an epic but can stop work and preserve the epic by using a canceled status. A canceled status means the epic will not be worked on or is frozen. Canceling the item will place it in the canceled recycle bin. All its child items are moved to the canceled recycle bin as well. The canceled item is removed from all reports and views.
- Copy: From here you can copy an epic. You can choose to copy an epic with its children.
- Add To Kanban Board: Add an epic to a certain Kanban board. Click this option, and then select a board and a column on the board. Here, backlog and archive are also listed as column options. The card added to the Kanban board is assigned to the owner of the item by default. If the owner of the item is not among the users of the Kanban board, the card is unassigned.
- Business Model Canvas: Use this page as a strategic management and lean startup template for developing new or documenting existing business models. To build your canvas, click Add Custom Card to add the nodes (categories). Click the category you just created, and then add its title and objective. Nodes can be arranged using a drag-and-drop method. The business model automatically saves any adjustments made to the position of the nodes.
- Epic Planning: This report gives you a combined view of the most necessary reports that you will need to plan the implementation of your epic.
- Work Tree: The Work Tree (Top Down View from Epic) report provides an overview of progress on all work items in a selected PI, as well as a drill-down hierarchy of progress at each work item level.
Join the Atlassian Community!
The Atlassian Community is a unique, highly collaborative space where customers and Atlassians come together. Ask questions and get answers, start discussions, and collaborate with thousands of other Jira Align customers. Visit the Jira Align Community Collection today.
Need to contact Jira Align Support? Please open a support request.