With the Actioneering option, you can manage the cascading goals needed to achieve your strategy across the organization. Here, you can see the goals created in the Strategy Management module, or you can create your own hierarchy of goals.
Creating a hierarchy of goals follows this process:
- Create a long-term goal.
- Add yearly goals to the long-term goal.
- Add quarterly goals to the yearly goals.
- Add monthly goals to the quarterly goals.
You can update the likelihood and quality of the goals each week to track their status over time.
To add a goal:
- Select Enterprise from the left menu bar.
- Under the Manage section of the menu bar, select Actioneering; the Actioneering page displays.
- On the toolbar (top-right of the page), click the Add Goal button.
- Type a description for the goal and select the snapshot(s) it belongs to in the appropriate fields.
- From the Type drop-down menu, select one of the four goal types (long-term, yearly, quarterly, etc.)
- Select the owner of the goal from the Owner drop-down menu.
- In the Allocations box, select the percent of work for that will be allocated to each snapshot. Note that you may set the goal to span multiple snapshots, and allocations are calculated automatically and equal 100%.
- Select a parent item, if applicable.
- Select the organization structure to which this goal belongs.
- In the Analysis boxes, enter the following values:
Complete % = subjective estimate of how much progress is made on achieving the goal.
Importance = Scale of 1-10 how important is this goal to the organization?
Feasibility = Scale of 1-10 how easily or conveniently can this item be completed? Likelihood of success?
- In the Measurement box, type success criteria that will be used to measure the completion and relative success of this strategic item.
- In the Target box, type milestones or target dates for all objectives of the goal to be completed.
- If applicable, type an analysis in the Competitive/Market Assessment box.
- Click Save. The goal displays on the Actioneering page.
To view your goals:
- On the Actioneering page, select the level of the goals you want to view from the Level drop-down menu at the top of the page.
- Optionally, select the goal's owner and status from the corresponding drop-down menus.
Note: For quarterly and monthly goals, you can also select a year and a quarter.
- If you select the goals you own, set the likelihood and quality for these goals, and then click Save.
- Click the goal's name to view its information on a slide-out panel. Note that you can view and access child goals from this panel, as well as view all cascading goals on the quality vs. likelihood bubble chart. There are also links to mark the goal as complete and to generate an Actioneering Report that can be printed or exported as an image or .pdf.