You can cancel items if you decide to stop working on them or freeze them. Canceled items can be restored from the canceled recycle bin. If you restore an item, only the item is restored and not its child items. After you restored an item, click the audit log. This shows you when it was deleted, and also a string of the child items that were deleted. You can then restore each child item if needed. You can also permanently delete the items from the canceled recycle bin.
As an example, this topic describes the procedure of deleting and restoring stories, but you can also use the following procedures for epics, capabilities, and features.
Delete or restore canceled stories from the stories page:
If you’re using the new navigation:
- Select Teams in the top navigation bar and select the team you want to view stories for.
- On the sidebar, select Stories in the list of options; the stories page displays.
If you’re using the old navigation:
- Select Team from the left Nav menu.
- Under the Manage section, select Stories; the stories page displays.
To permanently delete or restore a canceled story:
- On the stories page, select Access Canceled Items from the More Actions menu on the toolbar (top-right of the page).
- From the Item drop-down menu, select Story.
- From the Program and Program Increment drop-down menus, select the program and PI to which the stories belong.
- Select the check boxes of the stories you want to permanently delete or restore, or select the check box in the header to select all stories.
- Click Permanently Delete or Restore, depending on what you need to do.
- Close the dialog box.