The defects grid provides a number of options for defects to manage them effectively. To open the defects grid, go to Team > Quality > Defects.
- ID: Unique ID for the defect.
- Status: The stage in a life cycle of a defect.
- Title: Defect name as entered.
- Story: Story to which the defect belongs.
- Severity: The extent to which the defect can affect the software.
- Priority: The order in which the defect should be resolved.
- State: The condition of a defect, such as active, in work, pending test, verifying, fixed, not a bug, CNR by design, postponed, and duplicate.
- Fixed In: The number of the build when the defect is fixed.
- Found By: The person who identified the defect.
The Columns Shown option offers to select which columns to display, providing a level of customization.
For the defects grid, you can choose to view columns such as Build Found, Build Verified, From Customer, Functional Area, Program Increment, Team, Version, and more. Find out more about these columns in the Create Defects topic.
Only fields that are set as Active in Details Panels Settings are available for selection as columns on the grid.
The Apply Filters option provides a number of filter criteria, such as severity, priority, status, state, fixed-in date, and others that make it easier for you to find the necessary defects. You can add a number of filter criteria to the list. Additionally, you can click a column header to sort the list.
As an example, this section describes the procedure of filtering defects by PI.
To filter defects by PI:
- On the toolbar, click Apply Filters.
- From the drop-down menu, select Program Increment, and then click the plus sign to add this criteria to the list.
- From the Program Increment drop-down menu, select the PI you want to filter your defects by, and then click Filter.
Note: You can view the applied filter above the grid.
Join the Atlassian Community!
The Atlassian Community is a unique, highly collaborative space where customers and Atlassians come together. Ask questions and get answers, start discussions, and collaborate with thousands of other Jira Align customers. Visit the Jira Align Community Collection today.
Need to contact Jira Align Support? Please open a support request.