Strategy management involves the formulation and implementation of the major goals and initiatives taken by a company's top management on behalf of owners. It is based on consideration of resources and an assessment of the internal and external environments in which the organization competes.
Jira Align connects strategy with real-time data at all levels of enterprise at scale to enable and align strategic planning, analysis, forecasting, and execution across portfolios, programs, and teams. The strategy management and execution framework is built into the Jira Align platform in five main ways:
- Top-level strategies such as mission, vision, and values are statements that define the overarching purpose, value, and behavior of the organization.
- Strategic goals describe organization-wide success plans over a yearly, quarterly, or monthly time frame.
- Objectives describe aspirational outcomes representing future plans, often tied to strategic goals. They tell a clear story and explain why the outcomes will increase value delivery.
- Key results are metrics with a starting value and a target value that measure progress towards an objective or strategic goal.
- Initiatives (The development work) are tracked as epics in Jira Align, and describe the work required to influence a key result. This is broken down into features and stories.
- Value Engineering is a system of developing hypotheses, performing small, inexpensive experiments, and using that information to immediately inform the next product development decision.
With these elements, strategy management can play a key role in scaling agile and improving your organization’s ability to learn, measure business outcomes and functional progress to drive continuous improvement and inspect and adapt into leaning cycles.