A time approver can enter time for time trackers if they are unavailable to update their timesheet for some reason. If time was recalled by the time tracker or rejected by the time approver, the time approver can still update the record and submit time. Acting as a delegate for the time tracker will override the rejected or recalled time and the time will be approved.
To record time as delegate:
- Select Time Tracking from the left menu bar.
- On the toolbar (top-left of the page), click the Time Approval button. The Time Approval page displays.
- Click the name of the time tracker you want to enter time for.
- Click the Record Time as Delegate button.
- Click Continue.
- Enter time for the time tracker where needed as well as add notes about the work done on tasks.
- Click the Save, Submit, and Approve Time button.
- In the Time Approved dialog box, type your comments, and then click Send Email. If you do not leave any comments, a system generated message will be sent.
- Close the dialog box.
Note: The Record Time as Delegate button is not available if the time tracking period for that timesheet is locked.