About this report
The Portfolio Quality Tracking report displays the overall progress of the selected portfolio at the quality level, providing a status of defects and test cases per program. Each program with open defects associated is color-coded according to the defect priority and count.
Important: A defect must be assigned to a sprint to appear in this report.
You can drill down to the Program Quality Tracking report to check the overall progress of the selected PI at the quality level by clicking a program’s title.
- Select the Reports icon from the left Navigation menu.
- Start typing the report's name in the Search box.
- Once found, select the report.
Note: You can also use the categories on the left to search for the needed reports.
- Portfolio must be created in the system.
- Program must be created and tied to a portfolio.
- Program Increment (PI) must exist in the system and be tied to a program.
- Sprints must exist in the system and be tied to a team.
- Epics must be created and tied to the PI.
- Features must be created and tied to epics.
- Stories must be created and tied to features.
How are report values calculated?
- Open Defect Trend = Number of defects opened on a specific date.
- Unassigned defects = Defects not assigned to any story.
- List of programs = All programs associated with the selected PI.
- Defects = Number of open story defects with their priority.
- Test cases = Number of test cases with their status: passed or failed.
- Color coding of a defect = Color of defects by priority: critical, high, medium, and low.
- Portfolio totals = Total number of all open defects in the selected portfolio.
How to interpret this report
This report is a quick way to appraise the quality of a portfolio overall and a program in particular. Problem areas quickly jump out as they are colored according to defect priority and a number of open defects.