About this report
The Metric Sheet is a configurable report that displays values and color-coded thresholds for metrics that are created and defined in the Metrics module (Enterprise > Transform > Metrics). Metrics are created to capture a wide variety of Jira Align measurements, such as technical debt, remaining story points, total defects, and velocity. The report is accessed via the Reports menu, or directly from the Metrics module (via the Metric Sheet button).
The report is in the form of a grid. Follow these steps to configure the grid:
- The vertical axis is defined by the type of work item you select for the report. Using the Type drop-down menu, select the type of work item you want to view metrics for, such as sprints, PIs, or programs.
- The horizontal axis is defined by the metric or metrics you select for the report. Using the Metric drop-down menu, select one or multiple metrics you want to view in the report.
- Click the Run button to display the results.
The metric scores display in the corresponding grid cells. The metric scores are color-coded, based on thresholds defined for the metric in the Metrics module.
- Select the Reports icon from the left Navigation menu.
- Start typing the report's name in the Search box.
- Once found, select the report.
Note: You can also use the categories on the left to search for the needed reports.
- Portfolio must exist in the system.
- Program must exist in the system and be tied to a portfolio.
- PI must exist in the system, and be tied to a program.
- Sprints must be created and tied to a PI.
- Metrics must be created in the Metrics module.
How are report values calculated?
Each metric is calculated differently, and color-coded thresholds are user-defined. Refer to the Metrics topic for details.
How to interpret this report
When trends in multiple metrics are analyzed, a team, manager, or other stakeholder can begin to get a holistic perspective. Metrics are used to understand the current conditions and gain insight into change over time. Without metrics, it is extremely hard to accurately assess development progress or pinpoint pattern changes.
Join the Atlassian Community!
The Atlassian Community is a unique, highly collaborative space where customers and Atlassians come together. Ask questions and get answers, start discussions, and collaborate with thousands of other Jira Align customers. Visit the Jira Align Community Collection today.
Need to contact Jira Align Support? Please open a support request.