About this report
The Program Increment Analysis report provides a breakdown of financial data for selected PIs within a portfolio. Financial data such as CapEX, OpEX, Labor, Budget, and Spend are rolled up and displayed for the target PIs, and totals are given for the associated portfolio. The report displays in the form of a data table, and is aimed at the PMO and executives of your company.
- Select the Reports icon from the left Navigation menu.
- Start typing the report's name in the Search box.
- Once found, select the report.
Note: You can also use the categories on the left to search for the needed reports.
- Portfolio must exist in the system
- Program most exist in the system and be tied to the portfolio
- PI must exist in the system and be tied to a program
- Sprints must be created and tied to the PI
- Epics must be created and assigned to a program and PI; enter CapEx and OpEX values for epics
- Teams must be created and assigned to sprints; cost per team member must be defined by cost centers
- Features must be created and assigned to epics
- Stories must be created and assigned to features; LOV and LOE values must be entered for stories
How are report values calculated?
Start: the start date of the PI, pulled from the PI grid/Details panel
Finish: the finish date of the PI, pulled from the PI grid/Details panel
CapEx: sum of epic capital expenditures budgeted for the project, as entered on an epic's Finance tab
OpEx: sum of epic operational expenditures budgeted for the project, as entered on an epic's Finance tab
Labor: sum of costs for each team member assigned to sprints in the PI; cost per person defined via cost centers
Budget: budget for the PI, entered on the PI's General tab
Spend: sum of CapEX + OpEX + Labor
Value: sum of LOV points for stories assigned to the PI
EI: effort index = LOV points / LOE points
B/S: budget to spend index = sum of CapEX + OpEX + Labor / budget
How to interpret this report
Executives should use the data to review overall financial and value status of PIs within a portfolio.