About this report
The Epic Scheduling Report is a scheduling board used to plan work for development teams. Epics are scheduled, by team, using upcoming sprints/anchor dates. The report is for planning purposes only, similar to a roadmap; no assignments are made to the actual epic work items. This report is a visual exercise, primarily used by Product Management.
To add an epic to the scheduling board, follow these steps:
- Click the Extra Configs button to select multiple PIs, if needed; the teams tied the program/PI display in a grid.
- Click the Manage Schedule button on the top-right of the page; the Epic Scheduling window displays.
- From the drop-down menus, select a Team, Sprint, and Epic. Click the Add button. Close the Epic Scheduling window. The epic is assigned to the target sprint and team on the boards. The epics are color coded, based on the color specified in the Report Color field of an epic's Details panel.
- Select the Reports icon from the left Navigation menu.
- Start typing the report's name in the Search box.
- Once found, select the report.
Note: You can also use the categories on the left to search for the needed reports.
- PI must be tied to a program.
- Epics must be tied to a program and PI.
- Sprints and anchor dates must be tied to a PI.
- Teams must exist and be tied to a program.
How are report values calculated?
How to interpret this report
This report is similar to the Program Board; however, the Program Board is a living document with the ability to move features, dependencies, and objectives between sprints. The Epic Scheduling report is for visual purposes only, and has no impact on your work items. Use it to plan work for development teams; click the Capture button on the top-right of the page to create a screen capture to share and discuss with members of Product Management.