The News page allows you to create a company/team/group newsletter for viewing by your colleagues. A newsletter is built using pre-formatted templates--you simply need to decide which sections you want to include in the newsletter and then add the source content. You can choose to include a few or all the available sections:
- Article 1
- Article 2
- Article 3
- Polling Question
- Hot Links
- Employee Profile
- New Employees
To view an existing newsletter displayed on the page, click its name or image to launch it.
To create a newsletter, follow these steps:
- From the main Navigation menu, select Collaborate > Newsletters; the News page displays.
- Click the New Newsletter button on the top-right of the page; the New Newsletter panel displays, showing the User & Date tab.
- Enter the required Title, Date, Menu Line, and Description for the newsletter in the corresponding fields. Click Save; additional tabs display on the panel.
- Click the Section tab; from the list of available sections, choose to make them active or inactive for this newsletter, using the appropriate radio buttons. Click Save.
- Click the Articles tab. Enter Article Titles and Article Text in the designated fields. This content will form the main articles of the newsletter. Click Save.
- Click the Users tab. This content makes up the Employee Profile content. Fill out required information about the employee, and then click Save.
- Click the Events tab. This content is related to events such as employee first days, birthdays, anniversaries, or any other special events. Enter desired content and then click Save.
- Click the Monthly Poll tab. This content allows you to create a one-question survey/poll with up to four possible answers. The poll results display in a pop-up window when a user casts a vote. Enter the poll question and answer selections in the appropriate fields, and then click Save.
- Click the Style tab. Two default styles are available for the newsletter. The style controls the color, fonts, images, and formatting of the newsletter. Select a style and then click Save.
- Click the Contributors/Viewers tab. Select the names of any newsletter contributors in the Contributors field. In the People field, select the name of all users that will have viewing access to the newsletter. Click Save.
- To preview the newsletter, click the Preview link on the right side of the panel. When you are ready to post the newsletter, click the Set as Active link on the right side of the panel. The newsletter is now available for viewing on the News page.
- To edit an existing newsletter, select it from the main News page, and then click the Edit button on the top-right of the page.