About this report
The Release Vehicle Roadmap report helps you assign features to release vehicles. Release vehicles are actual software releases to customers. The report is in the form of an interactive grid. Based on your configured program and PIs, all of the associated features display vertically on the left column of the grid. The horizontal columns at the top of the grid display the release vehicles tied to the configured program and PIs, along with three additional columns for Initial Story Effort Points, Current Story Effort Points, and Logged Time (specific to estimation method selected for the portfolio). Click the Extra Configs button on the top-right of the page to filter the features by customer, theme, product, or location (country).
To assign a feature to a specific release vehicle, follow these steps.
- Click in the cell where the desired feature row and release vehicle column intersect on the grid; the Manage Release Vehicles modal window displays.
- In the Release Vehicle field, select the release vehicle you want to assign the feature to, and then click Save. The cell will gain color, based on the state of the feature (for example, green = Done); a color legend is available at the top-right of the page. The Release Vehicle field of the feature is also updated to reflect the newly assigned release vehicle--you can click a feature's ID number in the left column to open the feature's Details panel to verify the update.
At the top of each release vehicle column is a graph icon, as shown below. Click the graph icon to display a burndown chart of story points assigned to all features in the PI for the release vehicle.
- PI must exist in the system and be tied to a program.
- Release vehicles must exist in the system and be tied to a PI (PI shipped in).
- Features must exist in the system and be tied to epics.
- Stories must exist in the system and be tied to features.
- Stories must have assigned effort points.
- Tasks must be created and tied to stories.
- Task hours must be logged by the teams.
- The portfolio must have a specific estimation system configured for features, such as points or member weeks.
How are report values calculated?
- Initial Story Effort Points = sum of all story points assigned to the feature at the beginning of the selected PI(s)
- Current Story Effort Points = sum of all story points currently assigned to the feature
- Logged Time = sum of effort measurement, such as member weeks or points--specific to estimation method selected for the portfolio--currently logged against the feature
How to interpret this report
Use this roadmap to plan how you expect to deliver your feature backlog.