About this report
The Analyze Allocation & Burn Rates report is an aggregator of user allocations with a breakdown by allocation types and burnt hours. The report is generated by selecting a team. Also, you can use the Extra Configs option on the toolbar (top-right of the page) to narrow down the search by a date range, user, and allocation type. This can be useful to Scrum Masters and managers to track and analyze allocation and burn rates for team members.
Use the color legend on the top right to understand the color coding: under allocated (red), well allocated (green), over allocated team members (blue).
- Select the Reports icon from the left Navigation menu.
- Start typing the report's name in the Search box.
- Once found, select the report.
Note: You can also use the categories on the left to search for the needed reports.
- Program Increment (PI) must exist in the system and be tied to a program.
- Sprints must be created and tied to a PI.
- Teams must be created and tied to a sprint.
- Team members must be allocated tasks for sprints.
How are report values calculated?
- Team Allocation: Allocation is a combination of task and defect allocation that was assigned to the user for the selected team and date range.
- Task Allocation: Allocation set for a user for a certain sprint, usually during a sprint planning meeting.
- Total Burn: Task and defect hours burnt (logged in the system) during the selected time range.
- Task Burn: Task hours burnt (logged in the system) during the selected time range.
- Defect Burn: Defect hours burnt (logged in the system) during the selected time range.
- Non-Working Time: Is calculated by dividing the actual time spent by maximum allocation for a sprint and multiplying by 100.
- All Categories: Shows all the above-mentioned categories.
How to interpret this report
This report gives an overview of a team’s progress during a certain date range in general and a certain user in particular. Moreover, you can choose to view the report for all categories or drill down to a certain type of allocation for a user. You see a breakdown of the selected date range by a start of a week and allocations for a user for a sprint that falls into that period.
With the Analyze Allocation & Burn Rates report, you can better understand how well you are utilizing your resources.
Join the Atlassian Community!
The Atlassian Community is a unique, highly collaborative space where customers and Atlassians come together. Ask questions and get answers, start discussions, and collaborate with thousands of other Jira Align customers. Visit the Jira Align Community Collection today.
Need to contact Jira Align Support? Please open a support request.