The Jira Align time tracking module is an Enterprise time tracking system designed to track and report time across your global organization. It helps organizations manage projects, track work hours and holidays, control billing and costs, approve timesheets, send notifications, get real-time reports, and much more.
Important: A license is required to enable time tracking functionality. To obtain a license, visit https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/.
To enable time tracking for your organization, follow these steps:
- Configure general terminology and person record terminology to more closely match your processes.
- On the Workday Settings page, enable time tracking for any region tracking time and set your region-based calendars and rules for maximum and minimum hours allowed in those regions.
- On the Time Tracking Settings page:
- Set the fiscal year, time tracking week, general settings for email notifications, and time submission and approval compliance
- Customize the time tracking terminology
- Configure general time tracking settings
- Set the time tracking periods
- Create administration codes
- Create custom employee classifications
- Set the hourly blended rates for your organization
- Create identification and work codes
- Configure the user record settings for easier setup. One of the things that make it difficult to set up time tracking in the very beginning is that usually there are only two or three users. There is no time approver or manager in place yet. Thus, you can temporarily change the user record settings to make yourself your own time approver and your own manager to simplify the setup. After the initial setup is done, you can change the settings back unless you want to leave them.
- Add time tracking users to the system and assign them roles. See the following topics:
- Create time tracking task sets and associate the created work codes with the release vehicles. See the following topics: