Jira Align feeds allow you to view a list of frequently updated system content, available via a customizable Feeds page. Feeds include status updates/notifications regarding work items, meetings, user postings, and other content.
To access the Feeds page, select Collaborate > Feeds from the main Navigation menu.
Feed names display in the left pane under the Active Feeds & Groups heading; a number to the right of a feed name indicates the count of new, unread updates for that feed.
The content of each feeds displays in the center of the page. At the top of the feed content is a field where you can type a post to communicate with followers.
On the right side of the page, you manage followers. A list of your teammates and colleagues displays, with links to request a connection, or approve a requested connection.
You must subscribe to a feed to view its contents, and there is no limit to the amount of feeds you can subscribe to. To subscribe to a feed, follow these steps:
- Click the Manage Feeds button on the top-right of the page; the Manage Feeds window displays.
- From the Feed Type drop-down menu, select the type of feed you want to see:
Jira Align Feeds: A default collection of over 50 Jira Align feeds for updates/notifications regarding work items, meetings, user postings, and other content. You can click the Select All button on the lower-right of the page to select all feeds or use the switches to individually toggle on/off the feeds.
Email Groups: You will receive the feeds that are associated with the email distribution groups entered on this page.
- After selecting your feeds, close the Manage Feeds page.
- Click the Show All link in the Active Feeds & Groups list to view the contents of all feeds, or click the name of a specific feed to see only one feed at a time.
Groups allow for small group communication; posts by group members are included in the group feed for all group members to view. You can create a group from a list of available followers. To create a group, follow these steps:
- Click the Create Group button on the top-right of the page; the Manage Feed Groups window displays.
- Click the Create New Group button at the bottom of the window; the Manage Groups window displays.
- Enter a Group Name and Description in the appropriate fields, and then click the Save Group button; the Manage Group window displays again, with a new section entitled Manage Users.
- Use the >> icon to move the names of Available Followers to Selected Followers; click the Save Group button when done. Close the Manage Group window. The new group is now listed on the Active Feeds and Groups list.
- To post a message to the group, select the group name from the Active Feeds and Groups list, and then type a message in the text field in the center of the page. Click Post to publish the message to the group.