A backlog is a prioritized list of work for the development team that is derived from the roadmap and its requirements. The most important items are shown at the top of the backlog so the team knows what to deliver first. The development team pulls work from the backlog as there is capacity for it.
You can manage and prioritize defects in the defect backlog. Click a title of a defect to open a slide-out panel with more information about that work item.
Note: To view the defect backlog, select a program and do not select a portfolio from the configuration menu.
- Average Velocity. Average velocity for a team for the last five sprints.
- Estimate. You can estimate stories by selecting value and effort points manually one by one or by playing effort and value poker.
- ID. A unique ID for a defect.
- Name. A name of a defect.
- Toggle views:
- Parent. The story the defect is assigned to.
- Schedule. The sprint this defect is assigned to.
- Tags. Tags that are used to make it easier to find a defect.
The Columns Shown option offers to select which columns to display, providing some level of customization.
For the Defect Backlog, you can choose to view such columns as Age, Chat, Assigned To, Detected By, Fixed By, Priority, Status, State, Sprint, and Category. You can find out more about these columns in the Manage Defects with the Defects Grid topic.
Additionally, you can select custom fields that you have created for defects in Details Panels Settings. Only fields that are set as Active in Details Panels Settings are available for selection as columns in the backlog.
With the available filtering options, you can filter defects by fixed by, assigned to, title, priority, status, state, and category.
Right-click menu options
For faster navigation in the backlog, right-click a defect to do the following:
- Open in new tab. Open the work item in the full-page view in a new tab.
- Move To Next Sprint. Move the work item to the top of the next program increment/sprint. The new program increment/sprint is assigned to the work item. This option is grayed out if there is no upcoming program increment/sprint.
- Move To Unassigned Backlog. Move the work item to the top of the unassigned backlog within the selected team/group.
- Move To Top. Move the work item to the top of the list the work item is contained in.
- Move To Bottom. Move the work item to the bottom of the list the work item is contained in.
- Move To Position. Select the place to move the work item to. It is useful when you have a long list and dragging the work item is not convenient.
- Convert To Story. Convert a defect to a story.