A build is a version of a software program, where source code is compiled and converted into executable objects. Builds are tied to build streams, which are a collection of builds with a common purpose, for example, building a specific product or category of products.
To create a new build, follow these steps:
- From the Navigation menu, select Team > Quality > Build Streams; the Build Streams page displays.
- Click the Add Stream button on the top-right of the page; the New Build Stream panel displays.
- Enter an ID number for the build stream in the Stream ID field.
- Enter a name for the build stream in the Stream Name field.
- Enter the name of the build system that builds the code and deploys the compiled project in the Build System field.
- Select the stream level--either global, product, or team, from the Stream Level drop-down menu.
- Click Save & Close; the build stream displays in the Build Stream grid.
From the More Actions menu on the top-right of the page, you can also run the Build Report and access the Build Streams grid.