A build is a version of a software program, where source code is compiled and converted into executable objects. Builds are pre-release versions of the software and are identified by a build number, rather than by a release number. Builds are an important part of the development process, helping to ensure a stable final product.
In Jira Align, builds are specified for several work items and processes in the QA cycle, for example:
- Identifying a build where a defect was found
- Identifying a build where a fixed defect was verified
- Identifying a build that is tied to specific test plans
To create a new build, follow these steps:
- From the Navigation menu, select Team > Quality > Builds; the Builds page displays.
- Click the Add Builds button on the top-right of the page; the New Build panel displays.
- Enter a name (or number) for the build in the Build Name field.
- Enter a label, such as a tag, in the Build Label field.
- Enter the date the build was created in the Build Date field.
- Select the stream (a collection of builds with a specific purpose) this build belongs to from the Stream drop-down menu.
- Enter a path to the build in the Location field.
- Select a status for the build, such as failed or success, in the Status field.
- Click Save & Close; the build displays in the Builds grid.
From the More Actions menu on the top-right of the page, you can also run the Build Report and access the Build Streams grid.
Join the Atlassian Community!
The Atlassian Community is a unique, highly collaborative space where customers and Atlassians come together. Ask questions and get answers, start discussions, and collaborate with thousands of other Jira Align customers. Visit the Jira Align Community Collection today.
Need to contact Jira Align Support? Please open a support request.