You can add risks to track all situations involving exposure to danger to improve team visibility and drive mitigation.
To create a new risk, follow these steps:
- Select Program from the left menu bar.
- Under the Manage section of the menu bar, select Risks; the Risks page displays.
- On the toolbar (top-right of the page), click the Add Risk button. The New Risk slide-out panel displays.
- In the Risk Title field, type a name of the risk.
- Enter a description for the risk in the Description field.
- Select values from the Status, Occurrence, Impact, and Critical Path drop-down menus.
- Identify the program the risk belongs to in the Program field.
- From the Program Increment drop-down menu, select the program increment the risk belongs to.
- From the Owner drop-down menu, select the owner of the risk.
- From the Relationship drop-down menu, select one of the four options to identify if the risk is associated with a theme, epic, feature, or program increment. Additional fields will activate based on relationship selected, which will allow you to search for and select the associated work item (for example, Find Feature and Feature). Start typing text in the search box to search for a work item, and then click to select it.
- From the Resolution Method drop-down menu, select one of the four ROAM resolution methods.
- Click in the Target Resolution Date field to use the calendar feature to select a target date to resolve the risk.
- Type email addresses in the Notify field to notify colleagues of the risk. If you select a Target Resolution Date and the risk does not get resolved by then, the people in the Notify section will receive an email notification.
- Use the free-form Consequence, Contingency, Mitigation, and Resolution Status fields to enter notes or documentation to help proactively manage the risk. When the risk resolution is set to Mitigated, the Mitigation field becomes required so that you can provide the mitigation plan for setting the risk at acceptable levels. When the risk resolution is set to Resolved, the Resolution Status field becomes required so that you can explain how the risk is addressed.
- Click the Save or Save & Close button; saved risks appear in the Risks grid.
- Use the Tags field to enter free-form keywords associated with the risk that will assist when searching for the risk.
- Use the Links section to associate any external links you want to the risk. You can add design, approval, compliance, or other types of links.