For our customers that host the Jira Align platform on premise, it is often helpful to display server errors in a browser so that screen captures can be taken and sent to the Jira Align Support team for troubleshooting. To show the server errors in a browser, follow these steps:
Set the ASP Settings for the IIS Site to Send the Error Message to the Browser
- Click the IIS Site for Jira Align; in the middle pane of the IIS Manager, click the ASP icon under the IIS group:
- Look for the Debugging Properties grouping, and expand if needed. Set the Send Errors To Browser setting to True.
Tip: False is the default value and can be reverted to when this process is complete.
Update the IIS Site’s web.config File to Allow the Error Messages to be Sent to the Browser
- Look for the CustomErrors node and set the Mode attribute to Off.
Tip: RemoteOnly is the default value and can be reverted to when this process is complete.
- Find the httpErrors node and set the errorMode attribute to Detailed.
Tip: DetailedLocalOnly is the default value and can be reverted to when this process is complete.
- Internal server errors should now display in your browser. Use a screen capture tool to obtain an image of the error and send to Jira Align Support.
Join the Atlassian Community!
The Atlassian Community is a unique, highly collaborative space where customers and Atlassians come together. Ask questions and get answers, start discussions, and collaborate with thousands of other Jira Align customers. Visit the Jira Align Community Collection today.
Need to contact Jira Align Support? Please open a support request.