You can create a defect suite to schedule a collection of defects in a sprint or program increment. A defect suite is used for tracking related defects as a group and not separately one by one.
Create defect suites from the defect suites page:
If you’re using the new navigation:
- Select Teams in the top navigation bar and select the team you want to view information about.
- On the sidebar, select More items in the list of page options.
- Select Defect suites; the defect suites page displays.
If you’re using the old navigation:
- Select Team from the left Nav menu.
- Under the Quality section of the Nav menu, select Defect Suites.
To add a defect suite:
- On the defect suites page, select the Add Defect Suites button in the upper-right.
- Type the suite’s title and its description in the corresponding fields.
- Select the suite’s state and leave comments if any.
- Select a program, program increment, and sprint the defect suite belongs to from the corresponding drop-down menus.
- The remaining fields are optional. Enter values for the following fields as needed:
- Owner: The owner of the defect suite.
- Ready: The state of completeness of the defect suite.
- Blocked: Shows if the defect suite has any issues and is blocked.
- Reason: The reason for creating this defect suite (for example, the suite was created to manage critical defects for sprint A of program increment A).
- Estimate: Set the plan, task, and to-do estimates for completing the defect suite.
- Click Save & Close.
Next, you need to add defects to a defect suite. You can do this from the defects page for each individual defect (from the Suite box on the defect slide-out panel).