The Objective Actions grid provides a list of open and closed meeting action items for meetings held via the Team Room, Program Room, and Portfolio Room. An action item, created during a meeting, usually identifies a discrete task that must be accomplished, by either an individual or team. The action items serve as a “to do” list, and should be driven to closure in a consistent and timely manner.
Access the Objective Actions grid by one of the following methods:
- Team > Team Objectives > More Actions button > View Actions
- Program > Program Objectives > More Actions button > View Actions
- Portfolio > Portfolio Objectives > More Actions button > View Actions
To add a new action item, follow these steps:
- From the Objective Actions grid, click the Add Action button; the New Add / Edit Actions panel displays.
- Enter a name for the action item in the Action Name field.
- Enter a description or notes for the action item in the Notes field.
- Select an owner for the action item via the Owner drop-down menu.
- Select a status, either open or closed, from the Status drop-down menu.
- Select a PI for the action item in the Program Increment field.
- Select a team for the action in the Portfolio and Program team field. Selecting the [Portfolio Name] Team entry will assign the action to the portfolio so that the action item will display in all Program Rooms for child programs.
- Click Save or Save and Close to add the action to the Objective Actions grid.
Note: The PI and Team assignments made on the action item cannot be changed after creation.
You can also add a new action item directly from certain meetings, such as the Team of Team / Scrum of Scrums meeting.
- Look for the Action Items section and click the + icon to open the New Add / Edit Actions panel to create a new action item on the fly.