In the strategic backlog (Enterprise > Strategic Backlog), you create and prioritize your organization's goals and associate them with a snapshot. When you go to the Goal Balancing page, you select your snapshot and see those created and prioritized goals. Only long-term goals, long-term strategies, and yearly goals appear here. The importance and feasibility are driven from the goal details page as well. But you can change their importance and feasibility if needed and view a visual representation of your organization's goals.
For each snapshot, you can rank goals by importance and feasibility:
- Importance = On a scale of 1 to 10, how important is this goal to the organization?
- Feasibility = On a scale of 1 to 10, how easily or conveniently can this item be completed? The likelihood of success?
This visualization is useful for product managers or division leaders. It shows all goals on the importance vs. feasibility bubble chart. The chart allows your organization to get a visual representation of what is most important and whether or not this has the possibility to happen.
The most important and most feasible items appears in the upper-right corner of the chart. It is the stuff you want to happen. And you do not want to see your important items not being feasible and sitting in the upper-left corner of the chart.
- Set your strategy and goals (and prioritize them) by clicking the Strategy Room button on the toolbar
- Click the goal name link under Ranked Goals to open its details panel
- Print this chart or export it as a .pdf or an image by clicking the triple line icon