All tasks associated with the story are assigned to the resource. You can use the View Team Allocations button on the toolbar (top-right of the page) to check allocations for each team member to see if they are underallocated (orange), overallocated (red), or right on track (green) and adjust them if needed.
Under Stories, all stories assigned to a selected sprint are listed. The total task effort hours for development and QA tasks are displayed for each story.
When you select a story, the Tasks column populates with all tasks associated with the story and their effort hours.
Under Individual Task Burndown, you will see the total task hours for a team member and the burndown of these hours in a sprint.
Use this functionality as one of the steps of a sprint planning, which is a live team meeting aimed to plan a backlog and set goals for the next cycle of work.
To task out your stories:
- Select Team from the left menu bar.
- Under the Manage section of the menu bar, select Assign Tasks.
- Select a sprint and a team member from the corresponding drop-down menus.
- Verify or adjust team members task and defect allocation if needed, and then click Save.
- In the Stories pane, click the down arrow, and then select the new team member to assign the tasks to.
- In the Tasks pane, click the down arrow next to a necessary task, and then select the team member to assign this task to.