A business unit, also referred to as a functional area, is a segment of a company representing a specific business function. A business unit can also represent a department or division of an organization, for example, Accounting or Sales.
To add a business unit, follow these steps:
- If you’re using the new navigation, select the Settings gear in the top navigation bar. If you’re using the old navigation, select Administration in the left Nav menu.
On the left side of the page, select Functional Areas in the Setup section.
- On the top-right of the page, click the Add New button.
- In the Functional Area box, type the business unit's name.
- Associate the business unit with a specific program using the Program drop-down menu.
- Click the Report Color field to select a color that will identify the business unit when displayed on various Jira Align reports.
- Click Save & Close; the new business unit displays in the Functional Areas grid.