A business unit, also referred to as a functional area, is a segment of a company representing a specific business function. A business unit can also represent a department or division of an organization, for example, Accounting or Sales.
To add a business unit, follow these steps:
- On the menu bar, select Administration, and then click Functional Areas under Setup.
- On the top-right of the page, click the Add New button.
- In the Functional Area box, type the business unit's name.
- Associate the business unit with a specific program using the Program drop-down menu.
- Click the Report Color field to select a color that will identify the business unit when displayed on various Jira Align reports.
- Click Save & Close; the new business unit displays in the Functional Areas grid.