About this report
The story LOE report shows the LOE (Level of Effort points) and days spent on all stories in a selected PI, along with the name of the Scrum Master tied to each story. The report displays in a data table. This report is designed to give a portfolio manager, Scrum Master, team leader, or release train engineer a high-level understanding of how LOE points translate into actual days spent.
This report is generated by selecting a target PI.
Use the Extra Configs button at the top-right of the page to filter the story list by LOE points, Scrum Masters, and completed stories.
To navigate to this report:
If you’re using the new navigation:
- Select Programs in the top navigation bar and select the program you want to view information about.
- On the sidebar, select Reports in the list of options.
- Select Story LOE; the report displays.
If you’re using the old navigation:
- Select the Reports icon from the left Navigation menu.
- Start typing the report's name in the Search box.
- Once found, select the report.
Note: You can also use the categories on the left to search for the needed reports.
- PI must exist in the system and be tied to a program.
- Sprints must be created and tied to a PI.
- Teams must be created and tied to a program.
- Stories must be created and tied to a sprint; LOE must be defined for each story.
- Tasks must be created and tied to stories; time spent must be logged for each task.
How are report values calculated?
- LOE points are entered for stories on the stories page/New Story panel.
- Time spent is the sum of all actual logged task hours tied to each story, represented as days.
How to interpret this report
There is no easy calculation that states one LOE point should equal a certain amount of time spent on a given story. Though there is a relationship between LOE and time spent, the numbers will vary based on several factors, such as team skill level and estimate accuracy.
However, a team that does a good job of estimating LOE and has a steady velocity will become more predictable and reliable, which will help with overall capacity planning and portfolio management.