Agile Assessments, once created and configured, can be used to measure any facet of Agile, such as maturity or readiness. Assessments are created in the form of tests/surveys--made up of categories, questions, and answer sets--that can be delivered to individual users or entire teams. Follow the steps below to create and configure an assessment for distribution.
Creating an Assessment
- From the Assessments landing page, click the Add Assessment button at the top-right of the page. The New Assessment panel displays.
- Enter a name for the assessment in the Name field.
- Enter a description of the assessment in the Description field.
- In the Type field, select the type of assessment, Team or Individual, from the dropdown menu.
- Click the Save button. When the new assessment is saved, additional fields and links populate the panel. Continue with the steps below to set up the assessment.
Configuring an Assessment
- Click the Configure link on the right side of the panel. The Assessment Setup page displays. The page consists of 4 panels; from left to right: Assessment Setup, Import Categories From, Drag and Drop to Change Category Order, and Assessment Question Order.
- Assessment Setup: Create categories, questions, and answer sets.
- Import Categories From: To import categories from a previous assessment, click Select an Assessment and make a selection from the dropdown menu.
- Drag and Drop to Change Category Order: Edit category and question order using drag and drop
- Assessment Question Order: View the hierarchy and order of categories, questions, and answer sets as you build your assessment.
- The first configuration step is to set up your categories (sections/headings) for your assessment questions. Select Categories from the dropdown menu in the Assessment Setup panel on the left of the page.
- Enter the name of your first category in the New Category field, and then click Add Category; the new category displays in the third panel.
- Repeat step 3 as needed to add needed categories. You can drag and drop to change the order of the categories in the third panel.
- Next, set up your questions. Select Questions from the dropdown menu in the Assessment Setup panel on the left of the page.
- Enter the text of your first question in the New Question field, and then enter a text description of the question in the New Question Description field; use the Category dropdown menu to select the category the question belongs to. Click Add; the new question displays in the third panel.
- Repeat step 3 as needed to add needed categories. You can drag and drop to change the order of the questions in the third panel.
- Now set up your answer sets. Select Answer Sets from the dropdown menu in the Assessment Setup panel on the left of the page.
- Enter a name for the answer set in the New Answer Set field.
- In the 6 numbered fields, enter 6 answers that make up the answer set. You can also enter an explanation for each one, and choose a color for the question by clicking the color pallet at the end of each answer field.
Answer sets are made up of 6 answers. For example, if you are measuring Agile readiness, your 6 answers could be Not Applicable, Will Never be Ready, Not Ready, Starting to get Ready, Almost Ready, and Ready. In another example, you could simply use the numbers 0-5 as your answer set, if your questions give instructions such as, "Rate your readiness on a scale from 0-5, with 0 being Will Never be Ready and 5 being Ready."
To use less than 6 answers, leave answer rows blank.
A ranking system of 0 to 5 will be applied to all the answers, with the answer in field 1 equaling 0 and the answer in field 6 equaling 5. This ranking system is automatically assigned to all answers in ascending order, which will be used when calculating assessment results.
- Click Add; the answer set displays in the third panel, and is auto-selected for all assessment questions. You can also choose a different answer set in the third panel to use for the entire assessment, if previously created.
- If desired, you can change the answer set for individual questions, without impacting the selected answer sets of other questions:
a. Select Questions from the dropdown menu in the Assessment Setup panel on the left of the page.
b. Select the pencil icon to the right of the question you’d like to modify.
c. A modal displays where you can edit question details. In the Answer Set dropdown, select the answer set you’d like to use for the question.
d. Click Save to save your changes. You may repeat this process for any additional questions you’d like to configure individually.
Note: Changes made to the default answer set (see step 11) will overwrite changes to answer sets made using this method.
- In the fourth panel, review the assessment hierarchy of categories, questions, and the default selected answer set. An autosave feature automatically saves any edits made to this page. When the assessment is configured, you are ready to schedule it for distribution.
Note: Answer sets for individual questions (where applicable) don't display in the hierarchy.
- Click the Manage Assessments button at the top-right of the page to access the Assessment Planning grid. Continue with the steps below to schedule the assessment.
Scheduling an Assessment
- From the Assessment Planning grid, select the assessment you just created. The assessment's panel displays.
- In the Schedule field, enter a name, start date, and end date for the assessment in the corresponding cells.
- Click the Add link, if needed, to schedule additional runs for the assessment.
- Select the Team or Individual that will take the assessment. Once selected, an email notification will be sent to the participants.
- Drag and drop any additional or supporting files to the last field in the panel, if needed.
- Click Save or Save and Close. The assessment will become live on the selected start date.