You can create a set of time tracking standard tasks, and then associate it with a certain work code. This way, you can track time against that work code when people enter their time in the time tracking sheet.
To create a time tracking task set:
- Select Administration from the left menu bar, and then click Time-Track under Settings.
- Under General Time Tracking Settings, click Manage Here next to Create and Manage Time Tracking Standard Tasks.
- Type the name in the Task Set Name box, and then click Add.
- Type your task in the New Task box, and then type a description of the task, which will also act as a tooltip for this task on the Time Entry page.
- If you want to show the task description as a tooltip on the timesheet, turn on the Show Description in Information Dialog on Timesheet option.
- Select if this task should be capitalized and billable for contractors, and then click Add.
Note: If you set the task as capitalized, but the work code this task is assigned to is not set as capitalized (under Time Tracking > Work Codes), all hours reported on this task will be recorded as operating.
- Add more tasks if needed.
- By default, the task is set to Active to appear on the timesheet. You can make a task inactive and it will not appear on the timesheet. Note that if you make a task inactive but it has time entered, it will still show up on the timesheet.
- The order of the tasks here will determine the order of their appearance on the timesheets.
To edit a time tracking task set:
- Select the necessary time tracking task set from the Edit Task Set drop-down menu.
- Edit a task, and then click the floppy disk icon next to it to save your changes.
Note: You can move your tasks by clicking the up and down arrows. To delete your task, click the red cross sign next to it.