To manage portfolio settings:
- If you’re using the new navigation, select the Settings gear in the top navigation bar. If you’re using the old navigation, select Administration in the left Nav menu.
- On the left side of the page, select Platform in the Settings section.
- Select the Portfolio tab.
Jira Align allows you to configure the following portfolio settings:
- Agile Framework: Adds a specific language, estimation methods, and menus for known scaled agile frameworks. If you do not use a specific framework, select the hybrid framework.
- Estimation System: Controls what method is used to estimate work for epics, capabilities, and features: Team / Member Weeks, T-Shirt, or Points.
- Display Week Estimates In: Allows you to use either team weeks or member weeks for estimate fields on epics, capabilities, and features. Member weeks can be more precise. It will apply when the portfolio's Estimation System setting is set to Team/Member Weeks. This option is also used in financial calculations and forecasting.
- Use RAM/RACI Workflow: Controls additional workflow in your process flow. This option is helpful for highly regulated industries and movement agencies to assist with the compliance requirements.
- Span Epics Across Program Increments: Controls the ability to span epics across the PI boundaries for your process.
- Enable Theme Groups: Controls if theme groups are used to add an extra reporting layer above the theme level.
- View Scorecard in Backlog: Controls if the Scorecard column is available in the backlog.
- Scorecard Configuration: Manages scorecards that are used to formally compare and rank epics and projects.
- Epic Intake Set: Manages epic request data that is used to store additional information.
- Case Development: Manages epic custom fields that are used to provide additional information about an epic to help decide if the epic should be approved or rejected.
- Estimation Conversions: Set up conversions for t-shirt size for epics, power of 2, and fibonacci estimation systems into member weeks and estimated story points. Automatic conversions are also provided for team weeks and full-time equivalents per month. See how the conversions are calculated in Configure estimation settings.
- Progress Bars: Controls the progress bar appearance and behavior on a number of items throughout Jira Align.
- Costing Method: Controls if cost is calculated by a PI blended rate or by an individual cost center applicable for each resource.
- Capitalization Method: Controls if epics are capitalized at the task or story level for each feature.
- Monte Carlo Simulations: This is the number of simulations to run for Monte Carlo analysis (allowed range is from 100 to 1000). Note: This is a legacy setting that is no longer used by Jira Align.
- Epic Strategy Scoring Type: Allows you to choose the method used to score the epic for decisioning, prioritization, funding, and staffing. The following methods are available: custom scoring, value score, and WSJF.
The following portfolio settings are available to the right of a portfolio's slide-out on the Portfolio Settings page:
- Objective Mappings: Set the work item level that users can associate with each tier of objective. You can also set the following settings to view sections for dependencies, risks, and impediments on objective panels at all objective tiers:
- View: Displays a section for Dependencies, Risks, or Impediments that are directly associated with the objective.
- Related: Displays a section for Related Dependencies, Risks, or Impediments (tied to work items and their children linked to the objective, but not directly associated with the objective). To switch the Related toggle on, the View toggle must also be switched on.