With Jira Align, you can send scheduled messages at a certain time and date so the users receive them when needed. You can send messages on a weekly or monthly basis to remind the team of deadlines or other time tracking deliverables.
From the scheduled messages grid, you can edit or delete the messages you create. The green check mark shows if the message is active. Only inactive messages can be deleted.
To validate the message sent and the users it was sent to, you can view the log information. Clicking Log in the scheduled messages grid downloads an .xls file with the email subject and date and time the message was sent, user names and email addresses the message was sent to. The log shows only the last email sent information for each message. When a new email is sent, the previous log is no longer available—it is replaced with the log from the new email.
To create a scheduled message:
1. Select Administration from the left menu bar, and then click Email under Settings.
2. On the Email Settings page, select the Scheduled Email tab, and then click Create New.
3. Select the Enable this message check box to make this message active. If this check box is not selected, the message will not be sent and will appear as inactive in the message grid.
4. Select if this message will be sent on a weekly or monthly basis.
5. For a weekly message:
a Set the time and days for when the message will be sent.
b Set the start and end dates for the messages. By default, the start day is set for today's date. You can omit the end date, but in this case the message will be sent infinitely.
6. For a monthly message:
a Set the time for the message.
b Set the date range and frequency for the message:
o Option 1. Example: Day 5 of every 2 months.
o Option 2. Example: The first Thursday of every 2 months.
7. From the Recipients drop-down menu, select one or multiple standard or time tracking roles who will receive the message. You can also select all standard or time tracking roles.
♦ Use the Advanced Recipient Filters option to create dynamic filters to send messages without having to create a filter for every message.
8. Optionally, from the Region drop-down menu, select one or multiple regions where users with the selected roles will receive the message.
9. Type the subject and text of your message, click Save, and then close the dialog box.
Note: Click Send Message Now to send the message right now even if the Enable this message check box is not selected. Click Test to send a message to yourself to see how it looks.
Advanced recipient filters
Advanced Recipient Filters are a configurable set of options to help you manage your scheduled messages. Note that here you can enter email addresses so non-Jira Align users can get messages too.
Individual email addresses are grouped as Custom Emails on the main message page. The Recipients and Region drop-down menus are synchronized between the main message page and advanced filter. When the filter is saved, its name is added above the Recipients list. All members that meet the filter criteria and those from the Recipients drop-down menu on the main page are sent a message.
You can send an email notification to remind the users that they have not submitted their timesheets. To do this, filter your email list to include such users—select No from the Timesheet Submitted drop-down menu and send them the notification.
Additionally, you can attach some time tracking reports to the emails for a certain user base so they can be distributed easily to the people that need them.
The Work Code Closure Export report is attached directly to the email. For the Project Attributes Export, No “Go Live Date” Export, and Timesheet Compliance Export reports, the link is inserted in the email, and when the users click the link, they are redirected to Jira Align report page and the filtered report is downloaded.
To associate a report with a message:
1. In the Scheduled Email grid, click Edit next to the message you want to attach the report to.
2. Click the Report Association button under the message body, and then select the report you want to attach to the message.
3. Filter the report by the appropriate filters, and then click Save.
Note: For the Timesheet Compliance Export report, to list the compliance data by the enterprise hierarchy and see statistics for individual portfolios, select the Roll up results to the enterprise hierarchy check box. With this check box selected, the exported file will show the data rolled up by the enterprise hierarchy. No information for individual users will be shown. Each hierarchy will be listed with its overall compliance percentage.
4. In the Edit Message dialog box, click Save, and then close this dialog box.