A scorecard is a list of questions and answers to them that are aimed to characterize the project. Scorecards allow organizations that score and rank projects in their portfolio to execute their strategic planning process. The PMO evaluates the project according to the scorecard questions and scores the project based on the answers. You can score epics and capabilities on the Value tab of their Details panel.
To create a scorecard:
- If you’re using the new navigation, select the Settings gear in the top navigation bar. If you’re using the old navigation, select Administration in the left Nav menu.
- On the left side of the page, select Platform in the Settings section.
- On the Portfolio tab, click Manage Here next to Scorecard Configuration.
- Type the scorecard's name and description in the corresponding boxes, and then click Add.
- Type your question in the New Question box, type its point value, and then click Add.
- Type an answer to the question and the percentage from the question's points you get for that answer, and then click Add.
Note: Points you get for an answer are automatically calculated based on the question's points and answer's percentage.
- Repeat Step 6 for as many answers as you have.
Note: The answer ranked as the first one in the list will be the default selection.
To edit a scorecard:
- Select the necessary scorecard from the Edit Scorecard drop-down menu.
- Edit a question or an answer. The changes are saved automatically.
Note: You can move your questions and answers by clicking up and down arrows. To delete your question or answer, click the cross sign next to it.