With Jira Align, you can assign people specific roles and security permissions. You can use default roles, or you can create and copy custom roles to meet your needs. Administrators can manage roles in Jira Align. You can select what permissions the roles should have, and you can also delete the roles you do not need anymore.
Time tracking roles are applied to the accounts of the users who will track time in Jira Align.
To manage a role:
- Select Administration from the left menu bar, and then click Roles under Access Controls.
- Under Time Tracking Roles, from the drop-down menu, select the role you want to change.
- Turn on those levels of the application you want the role to have permissions to.
- Click the plus sign of the selected level, and then turn on the specific areas of
that level the role should have access to.
- Click Save.
To delete a role:
- From the drop-down menu, select the role you want to delete.
- Click Delete.
- Click Yes, delete it! in the confirmation message.
Note: You cannot delete the default roles.