In Jira Align, you can create a role based on the other role by copying it. Then, you can configure it.
To copy a role:
- Select Administration from the left menu bar, and then click Roles under Access Controls.
- Under Copy Role, from the Existing Role drop-down menu, select the role you want to copy. The list of roles is divided into Standard Roles and Time Tracking Roles, which are listed alphabetically.
- In the New Name box, type the name of your new role.
- Click Copy Role. The role is added under the Jira Align Roles section if it is a standard role or under the Time Tracking Roles section if it is a time tracking role. The new role is added with the same list of permissions as the original role.
- Find the added role, and then turn on the levels you want the role to have permissions to.
- Click the plus sign of the level you chose, and then turn on the specific areas of that level the role should have access to.
- Click Save.