There is a set of built-in roles in Jira Align, but you can also create custom roles depending on your company's policies.
To add a role:
- If you’re using the new navigation, select the Settings gear in the top navigation bar. If you’re using the old navigation, select Administration in the left Nav menu.
- On the left side of the page, select Roles in the Access Controls section.
- Under Add New Role, in the Role Name box, type a name for your new role.
- Select Add Role. The role is added under the Jira Align Roles section, with an empty list of permissions.
- Find the added role, and then turn on the levels you want the role to have permission to.
- Click the plus sign of the level you chose, and then turn on the specific areas of that level the role should have access to.
- Click Save.