There is a set of built-in roles in Jira Align, but you can also create custom roles depending on your company's policies.
To add a role:
- Select Administration from the left menu bar, and then click Roles under Access Controls.
- Under Add New Role, in the Role Name box, type a name for your new role.
- If you need a new role for the time tracking purposes, turn on the This is a time tracking role option.
- Click Add Role. The role is added under the Jira Align Roles section if it is a system role or under the Time Tracking Roles section if you turned on the This is a time tracking role option. The new role is added with an empty list of permissions.
- Find the added role, and then turn on the levels you want the role to have permission to.
- Click the plus sign of the level you chose, and then turn on the specific areas of that level the role should have access to.
- Click Save.