With Jira Align, you can assign people specific roles and security permissions. You can use default roles, or you can create and copy custom roles to meet your needs. Administrators can manage roles in Jira Align. You can select what permissions the roles should have, and you can also delete the roles you do not need anymore.
Standard roles are applied to all users within Jira Align and drive user's permissions throughout the system.
To manage a role:
- Select Administration from the left menu bar, and then click Roles under Access Controls.
- Under Jira Align Roles, from the drop-down menu, select the role you want to change.
- Turn on those levels of the application you want the role to have permissions to.
Note: Some page toggles appear in multiple hierarchy levels. Switching one of these toggles on or off will affect user permissions in all of the hierarchy levels the toggle appears in.
- Click the plus sign of the level you chose, and then turn on the specific areas of that level the role should have access to.
- Click Save.
To delete a role:
- From the drop-down menu, select the role you want to delete.
- Click Delete.
- Click Yes, delete it! in the confirmation message.
Note: You cannot delete the default roles.