You can import several users at once to optimize your work. This allows you to make user updates without having to go through the UI.
For importing, use the XML spreadsheet 2003 format template, which you can download from the User Import page.
To import users:
- Select Administration from the left menu bar, and then click People under Access Controls.
- From the More Actions menu, select Import Users Records.
- Click the Browse button, select the filled-in document from your computer, and then click Open.
- Click Import.
You can also activate or deactivate users’ accounts by using the import functionality. In the import template, find the Active User column and set the Active or Deactivated status for users.
- The current size limit is 4 MB per file, but you can upload multiple files. So, if a file is too big, it can be split into pieces and imported that way.
- If there are users listed in this file that are not currently in Jira Align, click Continue to create those users as part of the import process. If these users are not created as part of the import process, you will create incomplete records. Cancel the import and validate the user names before continuing.
- Users created in Jira Align as part of the import process will not receive an account creation email.
Import template file:
Join the Atlassian Community!
The Atlassian Community is a unique, highly collaborative space where customers and Atlassians come together. Ask questions and get answers, start discussions, and collaborate with thousands of other Jira Align customers. Visit the Jira Align Community Collection today.
Need to contact Jira Align Support? Please open a support request.