Use the Shout-Outs page to create awards and give them to colleagues that complete notable tasks or reach certain achievements. Awards, in the form of badges, are displayed prominently on a user's profile page. Awards also carry points, which encourage users to collect them, as the point totals are displayed on a leaderboard to track progress among peers. In some organizations, points can be used as currency to purchase products or earn prizes/rewards.
Examples of awards include:
- Top bug killer
- 100% attendance
- Work anniversaries
- Employee of the year
The left side of the page has 3 panes:
- Shout-outs: lists the name of awards; filter the list of awards in the workspace by selecting a specific award in the Shout-out pane. You can also edit the name, description, point value, and badge for an award by clicking the pencil icon to the right of the award name.
- People: lists the names of award recipients; see all of the awards earned by a specific recipient by selecting a name in the People pane.
- Year: lists the years awards were given; see all of the awards given in a specific year by selecting a year in the Year pane.
The top of the workspace contains three buttons:
- Feed: click to display the main feed of earned awards in the workspace; this is the default view.
- My Awards: click to display a list of awards you have earned.
- Leaderboard: click to display a list of colleagues, ordered by rank of highest total point value to lowest point value earned.
- Select the Reports icon from the left Navigation menu.
- Start typing the report's name in the Search box.
- Once found, select the report.
Note: You can also use the categories on the left to search for the needed reports.
Create an Award
To create a new award, follow these steps:
- Click the Create button at the top-right of the workspace; the New Award panel displays.
- Enter a name, description, and point value for the award in the corresponding fields.
- Click Save. The badge icons become available.
- Select a badge icon to represent the award, or upload a desired picture.
- Click Save and Close.
Give an Award
To give an award, follow these steps:
- Click the Give button at the top-right of the workspace; the Give an Award panel displays.
- At the top of the Give an Award panel, you can search for a specific user, or filter the list of users by team.
- Next to each name in the list is a drop-down menu that allows you to select the award to give. Select the appropriate award for one or multiple users.
- Click Save and Close.