About this report
The program increment sprint report displays the dates, details, and progress of sprints tied to a selected PI. The information in this report is beneficial to Scrum Masters, RTEs, and product owners. It may also be beneficial to review this report mid- and post-PI to track and compare sprint progress at the team level. The report generates after you select a program and PI from the dropdowns at the top-left of the report.
To navigate to this report:
If you’re using the new navigation:
- Select Programs in the top navigation bar and select the program you want to view information about.
- On the sidebar, select Reports in the list of options.
- Select Program schedule; the report displays.
If you’re using the old navigation:
- Select the Reports icon from the left Nav menu.
- Start typing the report's name in the Search box.
- Once found, select the report.
Note: You can also use the categories on the left to search for the needed reports.
The report has two views, which are toggled using the Extra Configs dropdown menu at the top-right of the workspace:
- Program Increment Dates: this view lists all sprints in the selected PI, along with the corresponding start and end dates.
- Program Increment Details: this view lists all sprints in the selected PI, along with the following details related to progress, such as level of effort (LOE points) and task hours.
Note that you can also filter results at the team level by accessing the Extra Configs dropdown menu and selecting a specific team from the Team field.
Both views display bars at the top-left of the report:
- Days bar: percent of PI time span completed
- Progress bar: percentage of planned story points delivered
- Program Increment (PI) must exist in the system, and be tied to a program.
- Sprints must exist in the system, and be tied to a team.
- Features must be created and tied to the PI.
- Stories, with LOE points, must be created and tied to features.
- Stories must be assigned to the selected sprint.
- Tasks must be created and tied to stories.
- Task hours must be logged by the teams.
How are report values calculated?
- Start Date: the day the sprint started.
- End Date: the day the sprint ends.
- Stories Planned: the count of stories planned for the sprint.
- Stories Delivered: the count of stories delivered for the sprint.
- Total Splits: count of splits in the sprint.
- LOE: current load of story LOE points for the sprint.
- LOE Planned: story LOE point total for the sprint prior to the start of the sprint.
- LOE Delivered: story LOE points delivered for the sprint.
- Task Hrs: sum of all task hour estimates tied to stories for the sprint.
- Task Hrs Spent: sum of all spent task hours tied to stories for the sprint.
- Task Hrs Remaining: sum of all remaining task hours tied to stories for the sprint.
- Progress: percent of task hours spent / total hours.
- Days bar: the percentage of number of days completed from the start date of the PI to the end date of the PI.
- Progress bar: percentage of planned story points / delivered story points for the PI.
How to interpret this report
Tracking task hours and LOE points may help you to better estimate similar projects and sprints in the future. Use the report to determine if team sprints are on track to complete tasks during a PI, or if too much work is still remaining. Over the course of a sprint, the goal is to get to 0 remaining hours and 100% in the Progress column.