You need to set investment guardrails to guide how much of a PI’s funding is allocated to delivering a theme associated with a portfolio and PI. You can do this from the Investment vs Spend report.
To set guardrails for themes in a PI:
- Select Reports from the left menu bar.
- From the Reports drop-down menu, select Investment vs Spend.
Note: Make sure the right portfolio and PI are selected in the configuration bar.
- Optionally, select a strategic snapshot in the field at the top of the page and click Apply. This will filter data by the selected snapshot.
- Select the Set theme guardrails button from the top-right corner of the page.
- On the Set theme guardrails panel, select the Portfolio and Snapshots you want to set theme budgets for in the corresponding dropdowns.
Note: The Snapshots dropdown only displays if one or more snapshots have been selected on the Investment vs Spend page.
- Each theme applicable to the selected portfolios and/or snapshots displays as rows, and each PI applicable displays as columns. To set funding guardrails, enter the percent allocated to the selected themes for each PI.
- Select the Save button in the upper-right corner to save your funding choices.
- Select the Close button to close the panel.
You can now view your theme funding on the Investment vs Spend report. Notice how the Budget column updates to reflect the guardrail % entered for each theme, multiplied by the PI’s PI Funding field.