About this report
The Program Quality report displays the overall progress of the selected PI at the quality level, providing a status of defects and test cases per epic, feature, and story. Each epic with open defects associated is color-coded according to the defect priority and count.
Clicking any of the numbers opens the defect grid filtered for the story in question.
- Select the Reports icon from the left Navigation menu.
- Start typing the report's name in the Search box.
- Once found, select the report.
Note: You can also use the categories on the left to search for the needed reports.
- Program Increment (PI) must exist in the system and be tied to a program.
- Sprints must exist in the system, and be tied to a team.
- Epics must be created and tied to the PI.
- Features must be created and tied to epics.
- Stories must be created and tied to features.
How are report values calculated?
- Open Defect Trend = Number of defects opened on a specific date.
- Defects = Number of open story defects with their priority.
- Test cases = Number of test cases created for the story that passed or failed.
- Color coding of a work item = Color of defect priority by a number of defects.
- Healthy epics/stand-alone features = Epics/stand-alone features that have no defects.
- Unhealthy epics/stand-alone features = Epics/stand-alone features that have open defects.
- Stand-alone features = Features that are not assigned to any epics.
- Stories not assigned to a feature = Stories without any parent features.
- Program totals = Total number of all open defects in a program.
How to interpret this report
This report is a quick way to appraise the quality of a program overall and a PI in particular by epic health. Problem areas quickly jump out as they are colored according to defect priority and a number of open defects.