Use backlog to stack, rank, and assign your items across teams, sprints, and PIs.
To navigate to the backlog:
If you’re using the new navigation:
- Select Strategy, Portfolios, Solutions, Programs, or Teams in the top navigation bar and select the entity you want to view information about.
- On the sidebar, select Backlog in the list of page options; the backlog page displays.
- On the sidebar, use the Time dropdown to select a time period for your backlog view.
- From the Viewing drop-down menu on the Backlog page, select the work item for which you want to view the backlog.
Note: The backlog for stories and defects can only be displayed for programs or teams.
If you're using the old navigation:
- Select Team from the left Nav menu.
- Under the Team section of the Nav menu, select Backlog.
- From the Portfolio/Solution/Program/Team menu on the Configuration bar, select the level of hierarchy for your backlog, and then click Apply.
Note: On the right, you can view the entire enterprise hierarchy where you can also select the level for your backlog. Additionally, you can search for a portfolio, solution, program, and team or use the Recent option.
- From the Program Increment menu, select one or multiple PIs, a PI range, or a time period under Quick Selects, and then click Apply.
- From the Viewing drop-down menu on the toolbar, select the work item for which you want to view the backlog. To see the backlog for stories and defects, you need to select a team or program on the Configuration bar.
- If All is selected in the configuration on the toolbar, you will see all portfolios you have access to and all PIs cross-program in the global rank view.
- If multiple portfolios are available, you need to select only one.
- When a single team or multiple teams are selected, you will see the current and the next sprint for each team. If teams are within the same program, you cannot select a program. If the selected teams span different programs, you need to select a program.
- When a single or multiple programs or solutions are selected, you will see the current and the next upcoming PI for each of the selected programs or solutions.
- If any level of the team hierarchy is selected as well as a PI, you will only see the selected PI for each selected team, program, solution, or portfolio.
- If only a PI is selected and the team hierarchy is set to All, you will see all programs and the highest level of work items you have access to.