If teams from different programs work on the same feature in Jira Software, you can specify this in Jira Align to ensure proper data representation from strategy (in Jira Align) to execution (in Jira Software). These features are called multi-program features.
To manage Jira multi-program features:
- Select Program from the left menu bar.
- Under the Program section of the menu bar, select Features; the Features page displays.
- On the Features page, click the name of the feature.
- From the Approach drop-down menu, select Multi-Program Feature.
- Click in the Filter Jira Projects box, and then select the programs to which the teams that work on the feature belong. The list includes all programs in Jira Align that have Jira Software projects.
Note: The Filter Jira Projects box appears only if you select Multi-Program Feature from the Approach drop-down menu.
- Click in the Jira Projects box, and then select the Jira projects, which work on the feature. The Jira projects are filtered according to the selected programs and are grouped in the list by those programs.
Note: You can click the Jira logo next to the Jira Projects box to view the Jira issues created by this feature and issues no longer associated to this feature. Click the link in the dialog box to go directly to Jira.
- Click Save & Close.
If a feature in Jira Align is created as a single-program feature, but in Jira this feature is associated to a story that belongs to another Jira Software project (this project/team belongs to another Jira Align program), the feature automatically becomes a multi-program feature.
Join the Atlassian Community!
The Atlassian Community is a unique, highly collaborative space where customers and Atlassians come together. Ask questions and get answers, start discussions, and collaborate with thousands of other Jira Align customers. Visit the Jira Align Community Collection today.
Need to contact Jira Align Support? Please open a support request.