Brainstorming is an interactive live meeting that allows you to put sticky notes on a board, move them around, and assign types, such as epics, features, stories, and persona. You can then generate these objects directly into your backlog.
To create and view a brainstorming session:
- Select Enterprise from the left menu bar.
- Under the Enterprise section of the menu bar, select Brainstorming; the Brainstorm page displays.
- On the toolbar (top-right of the page), click the Add Brainstorm button.
- Type the name and description of your brainstorm session, and then click Save.
- In the Users box, select the users you want to add to your session, and then click Save & Close.
- In the Brainstorm grid, search for the name of your session, and then click View to open it.
Note: In the upper-right corner you can control the view by zooming your page in or out and also enable the team mode. Use the More Actions menu on the toolbar to change the background of your page.
To create a card:
- On your brainstorm session’s page, click the Add A Card button on the toolbar (top-right of the page).
- Type the title and the text of the note in the corresponding boxes.
- Select the note's type and color.
- Click Save.
- You can drag a card by its header to change its location on the page.
- Deleting a card does not delete an underlying work item that was created through the Convert feature.
Point to the card to see the following options:
- Edit the note.
- Change the note type.
- Change the note color.
- Edit the acceptance criteria.
- Copy the note.
- Delete the note.
To convert cards to agile objects:
- On your brainstorm session’s page, click the Convert Cards button on the toolbar (top-right of the page).
- From the drop-down menu, select the program, and then select the items you want to convert.
Note: If you are converting a capability, select a parent epic. Capabilities cannot be converted without also selecting an epic to assign it to.
- Click Create Agile Objects, and then close the dialog box.
To link the objects:
- On your brainstorm session’s page, click the Create Relationships button on the toolbar (top-right of the page).
- In the Create Relationships dialog box, select the mapping of your objects. You need to link stories to the corresponding features, features to epics, etc.
- Click Create Relationships, and then close the dialog box.
Note: To create relationships between objects (cards), it’s required that the cards be converted first.