Quality module summary pages will be removed from Jira Align in version 10.121.3.
A test case is a technical testing specification that defines how the system should perform. Using test cases, a QA engineer determines if the application works as intended.
Important: To see and modify test cases, an administrator needs to turn on the respective option for a role under Administration > Roles.
To add a test case:
- Select Team from the left menu bar.
- Under the Quality section of the menu bar, select Test Cases.
- On the toolbar (top-right of the page), click the Add Test Cases button.
- On the New Test Case slide-out panel, type the title and description of the test case.
- Select the type, priority, method, and risk for the test case.
- Select the program and program increment to which the test case belongs.
- From the Tied to drop-down menu, select if a test case covers a story or an acceptance criteria:
- If you selected a story, start typing the ID or name of the story in the Find Story box to search for it.
- If you selected an acceptance criteria, start typing the ID or name of the acceptance criteria in the Find Acceptance Criteria box to search for it.
- Select the test area of the test case, the team, and owner of the test case.
- Set the estimate for the test case, and then click Save.
To set the steps of the test case:
- On the Test Case slide-out panel, click the Steps tab.
- Type the pre-conditions to be fulfilled before executing the test case.
- Type the input and the expected result of the test case, and then click Add.
- Type the post-conditions and add attachments for the test case, and then click Save & Close.
Note: To add more steps, click the cog icon, and then click Duplicate. Here, you can also move the step to a certain position.