About this report
The Team State report shows the state of each sprint (Not Started, Planning Phase, In Development, Completed) for each sprint is a selected by PI, by team. The report also shows if sprints are locked or unlocked for each team. The report provides this information in the form of data table.
This report is beneficial to Scrum Masters, team leaders and members, and product owners to compare team and sprint progress throughout a PI. It is beneficial to review the report with team members during sprint review meetings and post-PI meetings.
- Program increments must exist in the system, and be tied to a program.
- Sprints must be created and tied to a program increment.
- Teams must be created and tied to a program.
- Stories must be assigned to sprints.
How are report values calculated?
- Sprint states are pulled from the Sprint List/New Sprint panel.
How to interpret this report
Examining the sprint states, by team, will help you to determine, at a quick glance, if changes can be made to a sprint during a PI, as determined by its state and locked/unlocked status. For example, if a sprint is complete, only a team coach can make changes to it. Examining the locked/unlocked status of each sprint is also important if changes need to be made to a sprint, because only a Scrum Master, product owner, and team coach can make changes to a locked sprint.