With a responsibility assignment matrix, you can notify people within your organization when work items reach certain process steps so the necessary team members can take action on those items. Teams, team roles, and users that you select will receive email messages with notifications about changes.
To create a responsibility assignment matrix:
- Select Solution from the left menu bar.
- Under the Manage section, select Process Flows; the Process Flows page displays.
Note: This page and menu item may be named Value Streams, depending on your Platform Terminology settings.
- In the grid, select the process flow you need.
- Open the Process Steps tab.
- Click the grid icon next to the process step for which you want to create a responsibility assignment matrix.
- Select a team, a team role, or a user that you want to notify from the corresponding drop-down menus for one or more sections:
♦ Responsible. People who work to complete the task.
♦ Accountable. A person responsible for the correct and thorough completion of the deliverable.
♦ Consulted. Typically, subject matter experts, with whom there is a two-way communication.
♦ Informed. Those who are up-to-date on progress, often only on completion of the task or deliverable.
- Click Add for each selected assignment.
Note: To delete an assignment, click the trash icon.
- Close the panel.