You can estimate stories by selecting value and effort points manually one by one or by playing effort and value poker.
Estimate stories from the stories page:
If you’re using the new navigation:
- Select Teams in the top navigation bar and select the team you want to view stories for.
- On the sidebar, select Stories in the list of page options; the stories page displays.
If you’re using the old navigation:
- Select Team from the left Nav menu.
- Under the Manage section, select Stories; the stories page displays.
To estimate a story:
- On the stories page, select Estimation from the More Actions menu on the toolbar (top-right of the page); the story estimation page displays.
- From the corresponding dropdowns, select the necessary PI, program, team, and sprint.
- From the corresponding dropdowns, select value and effort point estimates for each story.
Note: To access the story estimation page, you must have the Team > Manage > Estimation permission enabled for your system role.
For more information on planning poker, see the Configure estimation and Monte Carlo simulation settings section.